What is it?
Materialize is a stand alone tool for creating materials for use in games from images. You can create an entire material from a single image or import the textures you have and generate the textures you need.
What can it do?
• Diffuse -> Height
• Diffuse -> Metallic
• Diffuse -> Smoothness
• Height -> Normal
• Height + Diffuse -> Normal
• Normal -> Edge
• Normal -> Occlusion
• Normal + Height -> Occlusion
• Normal -> Height
• Seamlessly tile your textures.
• Save and load in a variety of formats.
• Automate many processes with clipboard commands in xml format.
Who is using it?
Materialize was used on the Uncharted Collection to generate metallic, smoothness, and occlusion textures to update most of the environment materials in Uncharted 1 and 2.
The automation features were developed to quickly open and save multiple texture files.
Materialize is open source under the GNU GPL v3. The Unity project source code is hosted on github: